Education is one such industry, which has been evolving and growing with human mind and time. Which is also one of the reasons why there is a significant difference in the education system across the globe.
Every country has their own pre-defined sets of rules and regulation when it comes to their education system, though the objective line is the same- i.e. to build humans with creative minds.
Every countries education system has their own merits and demerits. India being one of the developing countries, Indian education system primarily focuses on providing theoretical knowledge that makes students ready to face some of the toughest competitive exams worldwide.
While education in other countries is more flexible and encourages students to opt and pursue career based on one’s interest and passion rather than limiting them with mainstream options.
We all know the fact that education in other countries is better and more flexible whereas India lacks funds when it comes to building more research-oriented education that’s more flexible, update with latest trends and curriculum.
Let us understand some of the other major differences in the education system followed in different countries.
- Education in India is comparatively affordable, whereas education aboard is quite an expensive affair which also includes cost of living, travel etc.
- Education overseas provide excellent job opportunities to students, whereas in India these opportunities are limited to only top educational institutes.
- Foreign universities have great ROI, i.e. though the initial expense is high, but it gives a most lucrative launchpads to students, while in case of Indian institutes ROI greatly depends on the college one shall join.
- International universities provide scholarships to international students, moreover students also have part-time work opportunity.
- Speaking of the course options, Indian universities have very limited course options to choose from, which isn’t the case with Foreign universities as they have multiple courses and specialisations option to choose from.
- Indian universities have very less research initiatives majorly due to lack of research funds availability, whereas research in International universities is back up by some of the best organizations in the world such as Google and Microsoft.
- One of the major downsides with Indian education is that students cannot switch between subjects in the middle of the course, which is possible and can be done in most of the European and US based Universities.
- Indian education system primarily focuses on theoretical education as well as on the past research, whereas the curriculum of foreign universities focuses more on practical approach and encourage students to conduct new research.
Every education differs and offers something different and unique. In India besides core fields there is an excellent opportunity for Aviation, Nautical Science, Geology etc. Engineering,Medicine,Management,Law and Hotel Management are some of the common courses students opt for who wish to study aboard, so choose from the options that helps you grow and lets you enhance your skills.